Moisturizing: (LOC method)
- L – Spray bottle with plain water
- O – Oil mix: coconut+olive+castor.
- C – Africa’s Best Olive oil hair cream / Shea butter.
- Coconut oil pre poo.
- Cleanse: African Black Soap shampoo (after every two weeks).
- Deep Condition (after every two weeks). I use Beautisa’s Hot Oil Treatment/ORS hair Mayonnaise (when I feel like a need a protein treatment); for about 30minutes. The instructions are on the pack, lol 😛 Then rinse it out.
- Oil to seal in moisture; I use those mentioned above.
- Air dry for a bit, then style it. Its usually in the evening so I just stretch it overnight in twists.
- Moisturize if my hair feels dry; I don’t do it everyday; sometimes I just forget 😀
- Put my hair up and tie my satin scarf. I like it up so that my hair isn’t flat dead on my scalp in the morning 😀 I just hop into the shower without a shower cap and the steam loosens it making it fall back down easy.
My two-week protective styles are crochet braids till the next wash day.
When my hair is in extensions, nothing changes, the only difference is I dilute the products with water so that they rinse out properly. You don’t want shampoo bits in your braids, do you? 😛
Basically that’s all I’ve been doing. Took me a while to figure out what to stick to and what get rid of, but I’m still adding and removing some things.
I can literally count the number of times I’ve been to a salon. And I am so proud of myself. I am not a professional or anything, I just prefer doing my hair myself at home, besides it has worked better for me.