Hey there DIY’ers.
Everyone wants a pretty phone case yah? When my mother got me my current phone, that I am in love with, I was major excitos. Its not a common phone so there are no covers for it here yet 😛 but did that stop me? Nope. I got on pinterest and was inspired to do a lace cover.
I had just made a lacy dress for a friend so I had some left over. Bought it from some Indian shop along River Road, can’t recall the name, at just shs.175 per metre. P.S. a metre is huge.
Anyway, let’s get to it.
Things you’ll need:
- Your phone’s back cover; of course.
- Lace fabric; slightly larger than your phone back cover.
- Spray paint; colour of your choice. I went with gold.
Step outside; good ventilation is mandatory when working with spray paint.
- Lay the newspaper on the working surface to protect it from the paint.
- Stick tape on any parts of the cover that you would want untouched. I covered the part with the name and the ‘holes’ for the speaker.
- Place the cover on the surface, then the lace on top of it. Tape down the lace onto the newspaper so that it doesn’t fidget as you work. We don’t need smudges ruining this piece of art.
- Spray the entire cover, following the instructions on the can. One or two coats will do.
- Let the paint dry.
- Peel of the tape from the newspaper, the lace from the cover and the protective tape. Voila! There you have it. Snap that baby on and feast your eyes 😀
For mine I used board as the surface and pins to hold the lace down because that’s what I had. (architecture student life)
If you can get your hands on some fixing spray that would be lovely, because that make the design permanent.
Its been 3months now and mine has started chipping, but meh, we’ll cross that bridge when we get there.